[IPython-user] Closing an embedded IPython Shell.

Dennis Muhlestein djmuhlestein@gmail....
Tue Jul 28 16:53:52 CDT 2009

On Jul 27, 2009, at 10:42 AM, Brian Granger wrote:

> I think you have 2 options:
>
> 1.  Modify confirm_exit in ipythonrc to be 0 (default is 1).
>
> 2.  Create your embedded ipython like this to override the setting
> without changing your config file
>
> from IPython.Shell import IPShellEmbed
> from IPython.ipstruct import Struct
> myconfig = Struct()
> myconfig.confirm_exit=0
> ipshell=IPShellEmbed(rc_override=myconfig)
> ipshell()

Its a no-go.  The shell doesn't pop up the confirm exit anyway because
the magic_Exit() function I'm using doesn't call that.  The issue is
that the shell is hung waiting for some input from stdin.  It doesn't
drop back to a terminal unless I hit enter.

-Dennis