[IPython-user] problem with history completion

Robin robince@gmail....
Mon Jun 29 12:42:46 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm not sure what it's called, but I really like the feature where you
type the first few letters of a command, and then up arrow to cycle
through the history only selects commands from the history that start
with those few letters.

Since I am working on a few projects at the moment I wanted to have
seperate command histories - so I copied my normal ipythonrc-scipy
file to ipythonrc-fd and start my new session with "ipython -pylab -p
fd"

However, I can't seem to get the history completion to work properly
in this profile, although I can see no difference between the files:

robin-mbp-3:.ipython robince$ ls
IPython_crash_report.txt ipy_profile_sh.pyc       ipythonrc-physics
db                       ipy_user_conf.py         ipythonrc-pysh
history                  ipy_user_conf.pyc        ipythonrc-scipy
history-fd               ipythonrc                ipythonrc-tutorial
history-scipy            ipythonrc-fd             security
history-sh               ipythonrc-math
ipy_profile_sh.py        ipythonrc-numeric
robin-mbp-3:.ipython robince$ diff ipythonrc-scipy ipythonrc-fd
robin-mbp-3:.ipython robince$

Does anyone have any idea why this isn't working?

Cheers

Robin