[IPython-user] paste frustrations

Robin robince@gmail....
Wed Mar 4 07:35:21 CST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:48 AM, Robin <robince@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems that the data example is just over some critical length,
>> because large chunks of it (up to 60 or 70% by eye) paste fine, both
>> from the beginning and the end of the block - it is only when I paste
>> the whole lot that this corruption occurs.
>
> Could you also try a different terminal?  I'm wondering if the problem
> could be in the terminal app itself, whose line buffering could be
> buggy...
>
> Nasty.

I tried in both iTerm and Terminal.app - and just now in xterm and
they all exhibit the same.

In any case, I don't think it is the terminal, since in all of them I
can paste fine into python running on a Linux machine through an SSH
session.

It has to be something, but I've no idea what!

Cheers

Robin