[IPython-user] Need post_runcode_hook

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Mon Mar 16 01:35:57 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 5:28 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> ipython is ~3x slower to start.  Not the end of the world, but I'd
> prefer it if it were less.  But on a slower machine, like my EEE PC
> 701 (celeron CPU):

If you profile it, I think you'll find that we just depend on (import)
too much stuff right from the start. It should be possible to only
load, say, pdb when it's really required. hooks don't really have an
effect, so working on to streamline that area would be premature
optimization.

Eploring demandimport and lazy_import may be of use here.

If you really have evidenced slowdown after extensive ipython use, try
if these help:

 %clear shadow_compress

OR

%clear shadow_nuke