[IPython-user] help(curses) fails - list index out of range

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Mar 19 23:47:13 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:14 PM,  <skip@pobox.com> wrote:
> Sorry, coming to this late.  If there's something wrong with curses doc
> strings, shouldn't this problem manifest itself in POP (Plain Old Python)?
> I don't see any problems with help(curses) on my Mac using Python 2.5, 2.6
> or 2.7a0 (Subversion trunk).  If there's a demonstrated problem with the doc
> strings, I'll see about getting them fixed, but I can't reproduce the
> problem in my environment.

That's certainly true.  I just assumed there was something odd with
the OP's build, since he saw the problem outside of ipython (in
'POP').  I unfortunately don't have the time to track the problem, but
it would be great if the OP can provide you with enough info to
understand under what circumstances this may appear.

Cheers