[IPython-user] help(curses) fails - list index out of range

Chris Jones cjns1989@gmail....
Fri Mar 20 18:16:46 CDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:47:13AM EDT, Fernando Perez wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:14 PM,  <skip@pobox.com> wrote:

> > Sorry, coming to this late.  If there's something wrong with curses
> > doc strings, shouldn't this problem manifest itself in POP (Plain
> > Old Python)?  I don't see any problems with help(curses) on my Mac
> > using Python 2.5, 2.6 or 2.7a0 (Subversion trunk).  If there's a
> > demonstrated problem with the doc strings, I'll see about getting
> > them fixed, but I can't reproduce the problem in my environment.

I never saw the above.. something broken in my procmail rules, possibly.

As I mentioned elsewhere, this also occurs with POP (!) and led me to
think that the problem was either with the python curses doc strings..
or my setup.

If you cannot reproduce it, I would assume the latter.

> That's certainly true.  I just assumed there was something odd with
> the OP's build, since he saw the problem outside of ipython (in
> 'POP').  I unfortunately don't have the time to track the problem, but
> it would be great if the OP can provide you with enough info to
> understand under what circumstances this may appear.

I'm not sure what information I should provide.

CJ