[IPython-user] help(curses) fails - list index out of range

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue Mar 24 01:36:33 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:21 AM, Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since the only programming I taught myself so far is limited to trivial
> bash and awk stuff.. I guess I'll focus on acquiring some fluency in C,
> which looks considerably easier for a hobbyist/beginner like myself.

Off topic:

C is very easy to learn, too bad it's very hard to get anything useful
done with it unless you have lots of time to waste ;-).

Also, if you have problems with the concept of modules et. al, you'd
be better off reading up about them than trying to wrap your head
around C/native programming complexity (makefiles/automake, shared
libraries, packaging, ...). Python, OTOH, can be learned over a
weekend.

I get paid to write C code currently, but no way in hell would I do it
on my free time.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio