[IPython-user] XP Windows post install setup?

Esmail esmail.js@gmail....
Tue Mar 24 21:36:11 CDT 2009

Hi,

I had posted the message below since the Windows install under XP
was broken, someone suggested I download the source and run

      python setup.py bdist_wininst

to do a manual install which I did (though I have no idea where
they found these command line instructions - I looked w/o luck before)

Anyway, I feel like I need to run another script to get the .bat files
and shortcuts set up - can anyone help?

thanks - it'll be nice to have access to this enhanced shell under
Windows. I started to use it under Linux recently and I like it.

Esmail

-----------------

Hello all,

I am having problems trying installing iPython under XP.
It works great under Linux and it would be great if I could
also use it when I have to be in Windows.

XP Professional SP2 + SP3 (tried different systems),
iPython-0.9.1, Python 2.6.1

During  "Please wait while running postinstall script .. "
I get the following MS Visual C++ Runtime Error

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load th C runtime library incorrectly.

I get this message 4 or 5 times and eventually end up
with this:

*** run_installscript: internal error 0xFFFFFFFF ***

I've seen this error reported before while searching the web,
so I know I'm not the only one who has run into this problem,
but not seen any solutions.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Esmail