[IPython-user] XP Windows post install setup?

Esmail Bonakdarian esmail.js@gmail....
Wed Mar 25 06:04:04 CDT 2009

Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Esmail <esmail.js@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I feel like I need to run another script to get the .bat files
>> and shortcuts set up - can anyone help?
>
> You need to give another arg bdist_wininst, try:
>
> setup.py bdist_wininst --install-script=ipython_win_post_install.py

Ok, I got this part to work fine.

> and then run the .exe installer.

which .exe installer? The one I originally downloaded and which
failed? I did, and it failed again.

Ah .. I found one in the dist subdirectory! Cool - thanks so much.

Can you tell me how you knew about the right steps? I looked for documentation
on the web an in the readme files, but didn't find this.

Thanks again,
Esmail