[IPython-user] XP Windows post install setup?
Sun Mar 29 12:20:02 CDT 2009
In case anyone else runs into this problem, here are my notes
for the install, tested on 4 Windows systems:
iPython setup for windows:
0. download and install readline (the exe works)
1. download source
2. in top level source directory: python setup.py bdist_wininst
3. open another cmd window .. paths have been set by previous step?
and execute rest in that window.
4. setup.py bdist_wininst --install-script=ipython_win_post_install.py
5. look for .exe in dist directory and run it
Thanks for Ville for part of the above info, and David from
Still not quite sure where I would have found out about the various
parameters to the setup.py command on my own.
Hope this helps someone else.
More information about the IPython-user