[IPython-user] XP Windows post install setup?

Esmail esmail.js@gmail....
Sun Mar 29 12:20:02 CDT 2009

In case anyone else runs into this problem, here are my notes
for the install, tested on 4 Windows systems:

iPython setup for windows:
---------------------------
0. download and install readline (the exe works)
1. download source
2. in top level source directory: python setup.py bdist_wininst
3. open another cmd window .. paths have been set by previous step?
    and execute rest in that window.
4. setup.py bdist_wininst --install-script=ipython_win_post_install.py
5. look for .exe in dist directory and run it

Thanks for Ville for part of the above info, and David from
gmane.comp.python.general.

Still not quite sure where I would have found out about the various
parameters to the setup.py command on my own.

Hope this helps someone else.

Cheers,
Esmail