[IPython-user] kernel.Task's depend not working

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Mon Mar 30 10:37:23 CDT 2009

> Kinda wondering about the status of the kernel.task.Task object, I
> have not tried the parallel stuff in the new IPython (>=0.9.0) but am
> thinking about migrating over to the new IPython.

You should definitely use 0.9.1 or even our bzr trunk, which have many
improvements over the old ipython1 stuff.

> Correct me please: since I did not see anything about "depend=" in the
> document, nor in any tests, should I assume the dependency feature of
> Tasks is removed? That dependency feature once existed in IPython1. Is
> it being removed during the merge?

No, I am pretty sure it is still there.  But, it may have been
refactored since you last used it.  I have to run right now, but will
reply later with more details.

Cheers,

Brian