[IPython-user] book on IPython

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez@berkeley....
Tue May 5 01:49:54 CDT 2009

Hi Eduardo,

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Eduardo Ismael <eismb@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Perez,
>
> I read somewhere on the Internet you are the creator of IPython. It is an
> invaluable tool. Thanks for the great work!

Thanks for the kind words.  Many others contribute to it today, often
doing a better job than myself :)

> Are there any plans of publishing some kind of "pocket reference" (like
> those by O'Reilly) with commands, syntax and other specific details for
> IPython? That would definitely be something useful!

No, we don't have such a book or plan for the moment (too many other
things on our plates), but it would be great to have one.  If you end
up being interested in working on one yourself,  feel free to submit
it and we'll be happy to ship it as part of the IPython docs!

ps - these questions are best asked on the list (cc'd here) so that
others can benefit from the replies.