[IPython-user] using a pager on long command results?

James Kirin james.kirin40@gmail....
Wed May 6 18:52:03 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

Just discovered ipython and am still in awe of its power. : ) It
promises to make my life much easier!

One brief question, though I did google and read this thread:

http://osdir.com/ml/python.ipython.user/2007-10/msg00028.html

Is it possible to have ipython feed the output of a command directly
into  the pager when it does not fit the screen?

Even though I have PAGER=less set in bash, if I run

for i in range(100): print i

I am still dependent on my terminal emulators scroll buffer to see
everything that was printed... Is there a way to have ipython feed
long output into a pager?

Thank you in advance for any help,

James