[IPython-user] ipdb.set_trace() breaks %run and exit()

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Wed May 13 18:08:58 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that when I use ipdb.set_trace() to halt some code in
place of pdb.set_trace() using ipdb-0.1dev_r1716 from the cheeseshop
and ipython-0.9.1, %run doesn't function properly anymore to reload
that code. This isn't the case with vanilla pdb. exit() also seems to
be broken by using ipdb.set_trace().

I'm using python 2.5.2 (python.org) on OS X 10.5.6.

Is there a known workaround for this? I've been hesitant to update to
the latest bzr version since I depend on IPython so heavily, but I'd
do so if I knew it resolved issues like these.

Thanks a lot,

David