[IPython-user] Request for a magic function to hide private function in tab completion

Gökhan SEVER gokhansever@gmail....
Fri May 22 09:32:41 CDT 2009

Wouldn't this be destructive to general use of the IPython?

Say we type 5 and a "." (dot) following 5 and hit tab all the helpers are in
type of private. Of course this is just a simple example, who needs
__mul__() while there is "*". I am sure many base types have only helpers of
that type.

There is a section in IPython documentation regarding to defining your own
magic functions. (Magic command system)
http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/nightly/html/interactive/reference.html

Gökhan