[IPython-user] How can I code that defines a property?

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Mon May 25 19:01:50 CDT 2009

On 24-May-09, at 1:54 PM, Matthew Wilson wrote:

> Is there some way to get to the source code involved in setting up
> that
> property?

I don't think so. That code gets executed when the class is defined.

If your class retains references to the getters and setters
explicitly, of course, you can use ?? on those, but if you hide them
in their own namespace with the return locals() trick or some variant
of the decorators ways, you're hosed for obtaining a reference to
those functions and printing the code.

David