[IPython-user] Ipython autocompletion and enthought.mayavi

Thu May 28 14:39:14 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 03:27:57PM -0400, Angus McMorland wrote:
> I had tried it briefly before, and now, encouraged further by the
> suggestion, I have fulfilled any expectation that the word
> 'vigorously' might conjure, with no success. Ctrl-D also does nothing,
> but Ctrl-\ still works, first time, to kill the session.

I can a bit more information:

resting ~/Projects/scipy/conference $ ipython -pylab
[21:37]
from enPython 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Oct  5 2008, 19:24:49)

IPython 0.10.bzr.r1163 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

  Welcome to pylab, a matplotlib-based Python environment.
  For more information, type 'help(pylab)'.

In [1]: from enthought.mayavi import mlab
mla
In [2]: s = mlab.test_surf()

In [3]: s.actor.actor.<tab>
The program 'python' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)'.
  (Details: serial 6858 error_code 10 request_code 128 minor_code 5)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

Gaël