[IPython-user] start ipython from my own script

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Sun May 31 19:06:22 CDT 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Gökhan SEVER <gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ondrej,
>
> Do you know how to instantiate --pylab in the similar fashion (from a shell
> call and dropping into pylab enabled Ipython session) ?

Unfortunately I don't know, but try to investigate what the --pylab
option really does and then there are maybe some kwarguments how to do
it. Or just patch ipython to do it and send a patch.

To all --- I am using the following combination quite often now:

import IPython
IPython.Shell.IPShell(user_ns=locals()).mainloop()

would it make sense to create something like:

import IPython
IPython.set_trace()

or something similar, that would just execute the above line?

Ondrej