[IPython-user] autcompletion and trailing space

Lakshman Prasad scorpion032@gmail....
Wed Nov 4 05:00:46 CST 2009

There is a bug reported on this already:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython/+bug/470824

I have added an explained comment.

Karmic seems to have added the extra space when completion occurs.

Ideally, a fix for this needs to read the settings file for adding extra
spaces, as different shells may complete differently.

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Nathan Huesken <ipython@lonely-star.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I do autocompletion (tab) in ipython and it completes a complete
> function (or something else) it always adds a trailing space. Most of
> the times I have to hit backspace, because I want to type "(" or "."
> directly behind the completet name.
>
> Can the trailing space be disabled?
>
> Thanks!
> nathan