[IPython-user] loading pdb on ipython startup

Nathan Huesken ipython@lonely-star....
Wed Nov 4 07:06:32 CST 2009

Hi,

In the follow ups of my last questions (my ultimate goal is to have a
good integration of ipython and gvim), I have another one:

For pdb to load (and all my stuff to work) I have to type:

In [1]: pdb
Automatic pdb calling has been turned ON

In [2]: 1/0
ZeroDivisionError                         Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/ls/.ipython/<ipython console> in <module>()

> <ipython console>(1)<module>()

ipdb><Ctrl-D>

In [3]:

Now I wonder, can I somehow automate this in my profile? So that pdb
is loaded?
Maybe pipe a set of commands (the commands ) to the intepreter at startup beeing exactly the commands above ...

Regards,
Nathan