[IPython-user] Initializing MPI

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Thu Nov 12 12:32:05 CST 2009

Stefan,

Sorry, but I am horribly busy today.  But here is a short answer.

* Yes, you can use anything you want to initialize MPI.
* If you want the engine ids to match the MPI ranks, you will need to use
an ipython config file to add support for your method of initializing MPI.
See IPython/kernel/scripts/ipengine.py and IPython/kernel/config/
for details and examples.

Note: I have completely refactored how ipcluster works in a branch.  It will
be
much easier to config all  of this in the near future.  But the overall idea
will still
be the same.

Things will be better for me next week, but please don't hesitate to ask
quesitons.

Cheers,

Brian