[IPython-user] interaction between ipython and gvim for debuging

TheLonelyStar nabble2@lonely-star....
Fri Oct 30 03:53:31 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am searching for a solution to debug python programs using gvim and
ipython, and found nothing good so far.

What would be cool:
- open current file and line in gvim from ipython whenever an error occurs
- setting breakpoints from gvim

So can this be done:
- If I have a ipython debug session started, can I somehow invoke a command
from the outside (from gvim in this case) which enables and disables
breakpoints in a certain file a t a certain position?
- Can ipython be configured, that it opens the current file if a error
occurs with the correct line?

Thanks!
Nathan