[IPython-user] interaction between ipython and gvim for debuging

TheLonelyStar nabble2@lonely-star....
Sat Oct 31 19:01:11 CDT 2009

Gökhan SEVER-2 wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 3:53 AM, TheLonelyStar
> <nabble2@lonely-star.org>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am searching for a solution to debug python programs using gvim and
>> ipython, and found nothing good so far.
>>
>> What would be cool:
>> - open current file and line in gvim from ipython whenever an error
>> occurs
>> - setting breakpoints from gvim
>>
>> So can this be done:
>> - If I have a ipython debug session started, can I somehow invoke a
>> command
>> from the outside (from gvim in this case) which enables and disables
>> breakpoints in a certain file a t a certain position?
>> - Can ipython be configured, that it opens the current file if a error
>> occurs with the correct line?
>>

> Have you seen this thread?
>
> http://advice.mechanicalkern.com/question/3/how-can-i-integrate-vim-with-ipython

Hi,

well that is cool!
This way I can send code from gvim to ipython, very nice.

But how can tell ipython to tell gvim to go to the current line when an
error occurs in pdb?

Can I somehow tell ipython to execute some action on every pdb error and
breakpoint?

Thanks!
Nathan