[IPython-User] [IPython-user] File Not Found Error Running Scripts

diegodiaz82 diegodiaz82@gmail....
Thu Aug 5 14:43:12 CDT 2010

Hello, I am a new user of Python and Ipython.  I am having the following
problem: I created a script (lets call it file.py) and saved it in a folder
of the path.  I have checked that the folder is at the path by calling the
variable sys.path.  I try to run the script by typing in Ipython:

In[n]: run file.py

but an error occurs:

ERROR: File 'file.py' not found.

I can run it on the Python ambient (not Ipython shell).  Am I doing
something wrong?? Please help me.  I am using the windows version of
Ipython.  I currently use Windows 7.  I've been looking for an answer to
this problem but have found any yet.

Thanks for your help.