[IPython-User] Start engine from python app?

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Mon Aug 9 14:30:57 CDT 2010

Darren,

We don't really have any simple way of doing this.  It will be pretty
non-trivial because of the networking stuff we do.  Currently we use
Twisted, which is not very friendly to these sorts of things, but we are
moving over to using zeromq, which might make this type of thing possible.
 I will give this idea some thought as we work on the design of the zeromq
based engines.

Cheers,

Brian

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Darren Govoni <darren@ontrenet.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I'm new to iPython. I wondered if I can start an engine from within a
> python app that provides some namespaces and classes I need. Or perhaps
> there is a way to bootstrap an engine with a specific module?
>
> thanks.
> Darren

Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics