[IPython-User] IPython and ipcluster on Windows 7

Josh hemann josh.hemann@roguewave....
Wed Aug 11 11:33:14 CDT 2010

I have been using the parallel extensions functionality in the
development version of IPython on Windows XP for a number of
months now. Recently, I upgraded to 64-bit Windows 7 and installed
64-bit Python 2.7. I used the incredibly useful content at http://
www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/ to get all of the 64-bit
Windows packages for 2.7. With respect to IPython, I followed the
instructions at
http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/manual/html/install/install.html
as before to use Ipython 0.11.

When I run

      ipluster create -p mycluster

I get a console window that pops up and closes too quickly to see
what the content is. In the past, this command would display
informational messages from IPClusterApp, as seen at
http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/manual/html/parallel/parallel_winhpc.html

I was hoping to find a log file in my .ipython directory, which on
XP was in something like
C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\.ipython,
but now on Windows 7 I cannot find this directory.

So, my first question is, does anyone know where the .ipython
directory gets created on Windows 7? Also, if you happen to be using
64-bit Python 2.7 on Windows 7, and are using the parallel extensions
in IPython, any setup hints you have would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh