[IPython-User] Slow command line editing

Jorge Scandaliaris jorgesmbox-ml@yahoo...
Tue Aug 24 03:15:27 CDT 2010

Jorge Scandaliaris <jorgesmbox-ml <at> yahoo.es> writes:

> Hi,
> This is the third attempt to  post to the list, I hope it gets through this
> time.
>
> I run ipython 0.11.alpha1.git (installed for solving a problem related to
> matplotlib) since a few days. A coupe of days ago I started noticing that the
> command line edition was getting slower and slower, to the point it forced me
> to restart the ipython session. Sessions are not very big, although I keep
> ipython open while I write scripts, for trying things, reading docs, etc.,
> sometimes for several days. Memory and disk space seem not an issue in this
> system. Any clues? Where should I start looking?

Adding some more info after a few days of trials and re-reading the
documentation (actually discovered the development version of the docs). Having
learned that the ipython configuration system changed from 0.10 to 0.11, I
backed up my old .ipython dir and started with a fresh one. It seems to be
working as expected for the moment.

Jorge