[IPython-User] Any updates from GSOC?

Ravi lists_ravi@lavabit....
Fri Aug 27 11:00:42 CDT 2010

On Thursday 26 August 2010 13:35:05 Fernando Perez wrote:
> git clone git://github.com/ipython/ipython.git
> cd ipython/
> git checkout -b newkernel origin/newkernel
> python setup.py install --prefix=~/tmp/junk
> cd IPython/frontend/qt/console/scripts/
> ./ipythonqt.py --pylab qt --paging vsplit

More notes: Make sure you have zmq and pyzmq installed first. Use zmq 2.0.8
since zeromq2 git master at http://github.com/zeromq/zeromq2.git still has the
'EMTHREAD' problem.

I haven't quite found the magic for exiting ipythonqt via keyboard. Further,
quite a bit of debug junk is printed into the stdout of the terminal from
which you launch ipythonqt.

Ravi