[IPython-User] Any updates from GSOC?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Aug 27 12:03:12 CDT 2010

Hey,

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Gökhan Sever <gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:

> AttributeError: 'ZMQInteractiveShell' object has no attribute 'ask_exit'
> Ctrl-D does nothing, neither on default ipython shell launch.

I should have added: this is not even alpha code.  I probably should
have refrained from even mentioning this code on the user list,
because we know  a lot of it doesn't work AT ALL yet, and right now
we're just working through things, one problem at a time.

So just as a fair warning to regular users: please do not think of
this code that you should worry about quite yet.  It's not even at the
'report bugs' stage, we know it's got huge pieces missing, and we're
working on it intensively.

But Gokhan asked :)

For further discussion of this, please let's take it to the -dev list,
this isn't really useful material for the user list.  I feel bad
enough as it is not answering *real* user questions that are
important, let's not add insult to injury by spamming the user list
with development noise.

Regards,