[IPython-User] tab completion under windows

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Sat Dec 4 11:02:15 CST 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Jörgen Stenarson
<jorgen.stenarson@bostream.nu> wrote:
> Alessandro Dentella skrev 2010-11-26 15:24:
>> Hi,
>>

>> I've always used ipython and always under Linux.
>>
>> Now I need to use ipython under Windows XP and I'm not able to used tab
>> completion even thought I inastalled pyreadline: It just don't complete
>> anything (I can complete thought using C-l).
>>
>> Is there a way to enable tab?
>>

>> thanks in advance
>> sandro
>> *:-)
>>

> I have comitted a fix to the 1.6 series (lp:pyreadline/1.6).
>
> Please try it and report back here and I will push a new version as soon
> as I know it fixes your problem.
>
> /Jörgen

Thanks!  This fixes the tab-completion problems I have been seeing on
Windows.  It's not that the tab-completion wouldn't work, but that it
didn't show possible completions.  It only completed when the
possibilities were unique.

Skipper