[IPython-User] [parallel] Launching the cluster from a python instance

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Mon Dec 13 20:46:24 CST 2010

Jose,

Everything related to ipcluster is being reworked in IPython 0.11, but
in 0.10, the easiest way is probably to simply call ipcluster as an
external process using popen/subprocess.

Cheers,

Brian

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Jose Gomez-Dans <jgomezdans@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Up to now, in order to make parallel computations, I have used
> ipcluster. I use a config file with the machine names, and also point
> to a version of the sshx.sh file I require. However, I would like to
> launch the cluster from within my python program, distribute my
> processing using a TaskClient and then (cleanly) kill the cluster. I
> am using IPython 0.10, if that makes a difference.
>
> Thanks!
> Jose

Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics