[IPython-User] Slides from my IPython Scipy India 2010 talk

Francesc Alted faltet@pytables....
Tue Dec 14 03:31:41 CST 2010

Hi Fernando,

Excellent talk!  It is nice to see how you are always plenty of ideas
(and still have the enthusiasm to undertake them).

Also, your recent work on IPython/zeromq is amazing.  However, I've
always asked myself why you are integrating such a parallel core in
IPython.  Would not it be better to detach it and make it a different
project?  Which is the logic behind distributing it with IPython?

Keep the good work!

Francesc

A Tuesday 14 December 2010 10:09:53 Fernando Perez escrigué:
> Hi folks,
>
> yesterday I gave a ~ 1hr talk on IPython at the Scipy India
> conference, which is ongoing right now (and where a number of very
> interesting projects, some using IPython, have been shown).  The talk
> was very well received, and hopefully some of the participants over
> the next few days will be able to contribute during the sprints (I'll
> be here until Saturday, lecturing at the tutorials and conducting
> some sprint work).
>
> I've put up the slides here:
>
> http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/About/Presentations?action=AttachFile&d
> o=get&target=ipython_scipy10_india.pdf
>
> Feedback welcome, as always.  This is the first time in quite a while
> that I've given a comprehensive overview of the project, which was
> nice to do and came at a very good time, given all the recent
> progress we've made and the potential for many more interesting
> things coming ahead.
>
> The talk was also videotaped, I'll ping back when I have a link to
> the video.
>
> Regards,

Francesc Alted