[IPython-User] IPython parallel functionality added to http://wiki.python.org/moin/ParallelProcessing

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Dec 14 13:11:19 CST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess at least informally I have been referring to it as "Parallel
> IPython" or "IPython.kernel"
>
> But I agree that we probably want to formalize the name a bit more so
> we have something concrete to refer to.

Well, the counter argument would be to say "IPython" :)  And simply to
say, 'ipython does parallel too', in case anyone asks.  I'm not sure
we need a special 'branding'... For code-specific discussions we do
refer to the actual modules, just like one can talk about
'scipy.optimize' in the context of a specific submodule of scipy, for
example.

But perhaps what is more important is announcing prominently and
clearly that parallelism is one of ipython's key tricks, fully part of
the project's core (and Dan's actions are a great help in this sense)
rather than needing a separate name for it.

My thoughts only, tired...