[IPython-User] HOWTO invoke a script in parallel

Stefan Seefeld seefeld@sympatico...
Wed Dec 15 10:13:16 CST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to invoke a (Python) script ('fftm.py') from within an
IPython session, in parallel.

Simply using `run fftm.py` works fine. Using `px run fftm.py` yields a
SyntaxError exception (in the kernels). Setting auto parallel mode
(`autopx`) and then invoking `run fftm.py` yields an internal error,
presumably in the kernels:

CompositeError: one or more exceptions from call to method: execute
[0:execute]: NameError: name '_ip' is not defined
[1:execute]: NameError: name '_ip' is not defined
[2:execute]: NameError: name '_ip' is not defined
[3:execute]: NameError: name '_ip' is not defined

(The traceback is unfortunately not very readable. Most of the
characters are invisible. Perhaps I should try to turn the fancy
coloring mode.)

Am I doing something stupid ? Have I run into a bug ?

Thanks for any help,

         Stefan