[IPython-User] HOWTO invoke a script in parallel

Stefan Seefeld stefan.seefeld@gmail....
Tue Dec 21 12:25:42 CST 2010

On 12/21/2010 12:09 PM, Brian Granger wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Stefan Seefeld
> <stefan.seefeld@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I'm still trying to figure out how to run a script interactively in parallel
>> (akin to `mpirun -np N<binary>` on the command line). Is this supported at
>> all ? Is there some documentation explaining the semantics of such an
>> operation ?
> Yes, I think what you want is MultiEngineClient.run:
>
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/kernel/multiengineclient.py#L825

That works fine, thanks.

I still wonder, though: What does `px run script.py` mean ? Is it
well-defined at all ? If not, couldn't it become a convenient alias for
`mec.run('script.py')` ?

Thanks,
         Stefan