[IPython-user] CLI for Tango: Qt-widget freezes during sleep

Wellenreuther, Gerd gerd.wellenreuther@desy...
Fri Feb 5 10:11:45 CST 2010

Darren Dale wrote:
> I doubt that you are putting the q4thread to sleep. It's hard to
> comment without additional information about the implementation. Are
> you calling time.sleep() in the same thread that is taking care of
> dispatching update events to your qt4 widget?

I am launching IPyhton with the -q4thread-option. I run a startup-script
which is building the widget, connecting the signals (e.g. the timer for
the automatic update) and showing the corresponding widget in the end.

But all the signalling etc. should then run in the separate q4thread, or
am I wrong?

> Can you assemble a
> *short*, *self-contained* example that reproduces the problem?

I can, but that could take some time. Will try.

Cheers, Gerd

--
Dr. Gerd Wellenreuther
beamline scientist P06 "Hard X-Ray Micro/Nano-Probe"

Tel.: + 49 40 8998 5701