[IPython-user] autocompletion of normal programs

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Mon Feb 8 01:26:18 CST 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Hassan Rom <putera.afandy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running ipython with the shell profile and it works great! The
> only problem I have with it currently is that ipython doesn't do
> autocompletion for programs which would otherwise autocomplete fine if
> I were to run them on bash. Is there a way to magically get these
> programs to autocomplete in ipython too?

Are you thinking of custom "bash completions":

http://www.debian-administration.org/article/An_introduction_to_bash_completion_part_1

As of yet there is no magical way to do it, but I suppose the
machinery can be used externally (invoking bash to do the work?).

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio