[IPython-user] problem with ipython emacs mode

killian koepsell koepsell@gmail....
Mon Feb 8 19:42:25 CST 2010

Hi,

I have a problem with tab completion in the (i)python mode of emacs
and am wondering if someone came across the same problem.

The problem is the following. If I press np.<TAB>, I get the following:

In [2]: import numpy as np

In [3]:    ...: np.

After a second press of the tab button, I get:

In [2]: import numpy as np

In [3]:    ...:

Here is some system information: Mac OS 10.5.8
I haven't changed the emacs version (carbon emacs 22.3.1) and the
version of the python-mode.el and ipython.el recently. However, I
upgraded from python 2.5.4 (EPD 5.0.0) to python 2.6.4 (EPD 6.0.0) and
from IPython 0.9.1 to IPython 0.10. The problem does not seem to be
specific to the IPython version, since installing IPython 0.9.1 on top
of EPD 6 did not solve it.

Thanks,
  Kilian