[IPython-user] Iterator version of TaskClient.map() that

Toby Burnett tburnett@uw....
Fri Feb 12 13:09:20 CST 2010

I wanted exactly this sort of functionality, and wrote my own, using MultiEngineClient. (I did not notice TaskClient, but it would not have worked out, I see.).
My requirement included being able to initialize the engines, and easily test it by using the local process-it is pretty frustrating to get an exception in a client, and not be able to debug it.
I attach my module: note that there is test function, an example of its use.
Suggestions, improvements are very welcome.

The one caveat is that the check for a timeout does not seem to function the way I expected.

--Toby Burnett