[IPython-user] IPython error when trying to run PyQt4 Application example?

TP wingusr@gmail....
Wed Feb 24 09:21:42 CST 2010

I'm using Windows XP, IPython 0.10, Python 2.6.4, and PyQt 4.7.1.

If I start IPython with the -q4thread option and then try to run
PyQt4's Application example I see the following:

    In [6]: run application.pyw
    C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\IPython\iplib.py:2856:
DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of
Python 2.6
      if status.message!=0 and not kw['exit_ignore']:
    SystemExit                                Traceback (most recent call last)

    c:\Python26\lib\site-packages\PyQt4\examples\mainwindows\application\application.pyw
in <module>()
	233     mainWin = MainWindow()
	234     mainWin.show()
    --> 235     sys.exit(app.exec_())
	236
	237

    SystemExit:
    WARNING: Failure executing file: <application.pyw>

But the example Application actually starts fine and is still running
after I get that message.

Then when I exit IPython (without closing the Application) I see:

Closing Threads... Done

and Python 2.6 crashes.

Is this the normal behavior?