[IPython-user] [IPython-dev] Support for Windows HPC Server 2008

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Jan 25 00:03:47 CST 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to let everyone know that the upcoming 0.11 release of IPython (now
> in trunk) has support for Windows HPC Server 2008.  What does this mean?
> Now, IPython's parallel computing capabilties
> (ipcluster/ipengine/ipcontroller) are fully integrated with the Windows HPC
> job scheduler.  The Windows HPC job scheduler is quite nice (one of the
> nicer batch systems I have dealt with) and this integration makes it quite
> easy to use start and stop IPython controllers.engines on a Windows
> cluster.  Here are some links about this:

In addition to being very happy about this and thanking Microsoft for
their support, we'd like to add that we're eager for feedback on users
who may have this platform.  This is new code, hence its APIs haven't
been widely used yet and we'd love to hear of what works and what
could be improved before they settle too much.