[IPython-User] ipython_config.py won't die

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Jul 13 21:54:32 CDT 2010

Hi Chris,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Chris Fonnesbeck <fonnesbeck@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have moved to using ipython_config.py for all my ipython
> configuration needs, and have therefore deleted ipy_user_conf.py.
> However, I notice that this file keeps getting recreated each time I
> run iPython. Is there a reason for this? Surely we don't need 2
> configuration files?

are you running from trunk? I don't see that behavior, I just deleted
my ipy_user_conf.py on my system (I was already using
ipython_config.py but hadn't really deleted the old file) and it
doesn't come back...