[IPython-User] ipython_config.py won't die

Chris Fonnesbeck fonnesbeck@gmail....
Tue Jul 13 22:16:51 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Chris Fonnesbeck <fonnesbeck@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have moved to using ipython_config.py for all my ipython
>> configuration needs, and have therefore deleted ipy_user_conf.py.
>> However, I notice that this file keeps getting recreated each time I
>> run iPython. Is there a reason for this? Surely we don't need 2
>> configuration files?
>
> are you running from trunk? I don't see that behavior, I just deleted
> my ipy_user_conf.py on my system (I was already using
> ipython_config.py but hadn't really deleted the old file) and it
> doesn't come back...

I'm running from the latest on Github, so whatever:

http://github.com/ipython/ipython.git

gets me.

Even if I *delete* my .ipython directory entirely, the new directory
is populated with a ipy_user_config,py when I start ipython.

cf