[IPython-User] How to build ipython documentation

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Jul 14 02:47:09 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Roberto Bonvallet
<rbonvall@csrg.inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:

> I have ipython 0.10 installed::
>
>    $ ipython -V
>    0.10
>
> Should ``make html`` be enough to build the docs, then?

Well, since you mentioned 'a fresh clone from the git repository', I
thought you were using trunk, which right now is the 0.11.alpha
series.  For 0.10, I think there's no guarantee that the docs will
build nicely on other people's systems.  We were never too careful
about dependencies there, and sphinx has a tendency to import
everything it sees.  So it's possible that this won't build well on
systems that don't have a lot of extras included (especially
scientific stuff).

I'm afraid that this class of bugs is low-priority enough for the
0.10.x series that I won't be able to devote much time to helping with
it (though we'll  be glad to include fixes if you can make any).

For the trunk, we do want to improve our doc build system, so if you
work with trunk and still see these  problems, please do report them
and we'll do our best.

Regards,