[IPython-User] [IPython-user] furls only have localhost as ipcontroller location

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Tue Jul 27 12:39:26 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 7:40 AM, kcsmith <kcsmith@raytheon.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to run ipcluster under the sun grid engine on a 10 node cluster
> and I encountered the following error.
>
> Only those ipengines which reside on the same node as ipcontroller connect.
> The rest get CONNECTION REFUSED[111] errors.
>
> I traced this problem down to the furl files that ipcontroller creates.
> They only have the local host ip address listed.
> pb://
> d2vqoq6l7tmjtdjl4gi2ctwlwbxzzdc2@127.0.0.1:56104/ei4yhcb5qqa3pyyoi32j3guqfkzqtd5q

Hmm, this is really odd, because the default for ipcontroller is to use all
interfaces.  How was ipcontroller started when you did this?  Do you have a
config file in $HOME/.ipython that is changing the default?

> If I manually add the actual ipcontroller node's ip address to the furl
> then
> everything works, ipengines connect and the client connects.
>
> i.e.
>
> pb://
> d2vqoq6l7tmjtdjl4gi2ctwlwbxzzdc2@10.0.255.234:56104/ei4yhcb5qqa3pyyoi32j3guqfkzqtd5q
>
> When ipcontroller is started on 10.0.255.234
>
> Is there some system setting or environment variable which can be set to
> force foolscap to include the ipcontroller node ip address?  Or is there
> something else wrong??
>
> Thanks,
> Keith
> --