[IPython-User] [IPython-user] furls only have localhost as ipcontroller location

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Tue Jul 27 13:08:40 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:56 AM, kcsmith <kcsmith@raytheon.com> wrote:

> Brian:
>
> Yes, I have a shared .ipython directory that all compute nodes see.  Only
> localhost[127.0.0.1] was listed.

This is quite odd.  I am not sure what is going on with this.

> I'm not sure how to use the native SGE support.  I'm running version 0.10
> of
> IPython.

Just install this branch of IPython:

http://github.com/jtriley/ipython/tree/0.10.1-sge

And then, the SGE stuff is documented here:

http://github.com/jtriley/ipython/blob/e4e96f6ddc468a09cfb2d910d51345feb11e05bf/docs/source/parallel/parallel_process.txt

It should be as simple as:

ipcluster sge -n 12 -q hpcqueue

Let us know if you run into problems.  I am CC'ing Justin Riley on this
email, who has done the SGE support recently.

Cheers,

Brian