[IPython-User] Emacs and Ipython 23.2

NaLaurethSulfate nalaurethsulfate@aim....
Thu Jul 22 08:30:10 CDT 2010

Hello
I am fairly new to both Ipython and Emacs and am trying to get them
to play nicely together. I have a very recent ipython.el and
python-mode.el (both were downloaded yesterday). I have changed my .emacs
file by appending the necessary lines for python mode
(http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/PythonMode(really confusing)), and then
appending (require 'ipython) as suggested in the ipython documentation
(the pdf that came in the tarball right near the ipython.el file).

A lot of things kind of seem to work, but I have no output to really tell
from. An example of an ipython session is included bellow. There are no
prompts. Errors and other ipython generated stuff such as help do come up.
No printing works. From the text that I can see colors do seem to work. If
I am working on a program and type C-c ! the interpreter starts up and
gives the standard preamble that I see using ipython elsewhere. Upon doing
C-c C-c the shell prints the line bellow starting ##working on region in
file.... On subsequent C-c C-c's I get a message in the mini-buffer (File
c:/Users/ALEXAN~1/AppData/Local/Temp/python-2888bOb.py queued for
execution), but I never see any output from that.

Also I am on windows7, and would love if this can work on windows as well,
but if it turns out it is not working because of that I can just work from
linux (if it is known working).

Any help?
Thanks ahead of time,
Alex

Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Jul  4 2010, 21:05:58) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
(Intel)]

IPython 0.10 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.
## working on region in file c:/Users/ALEXAN~1/AppData/Local/Temp/python-2888RWE.py...
x = 5
print x
------> print(x)
x?
Type:		int
Base Class:	<type 'int'>
String Form:	5
Namespace:	Interactive
Docstring:
     int(x[, base]) -> integer

Convert a string or number to an integer, if possible.  A floating point
argument will be truncated towards zero (this does not include a string
representation of a floating point number!)  When converting a string, use
the optional base.  It is an error to supply a base when converting a
non-string.  If base is zero, the proper base is guessed based on the
string content.  If the argument is outside the integer range a
long object will be returned instead.

?

IPython -- An enhanced Interactive Python

IPython offers a combination of convenient shell features, special
commands
and a history mechanism for both input (command history) and output
(results
caching, similar to Mathematica). It is intended to be a fully compatible
replacement for the standard Python interpreter, while offering vastly
improved functionality and flexibility.

At your system command line, type 'ipython -help' to see the command line
options available. This document only describes interactive features.

Warning: IPython relies on the existence of a global variable called __IP
which
controls the shell itself. If you redefine __IP to anything, bizarre
behavior
will quickly occur.

MAIN FEATURES

* Access to the standard Python help. As of Python 2.1, a help system is
   available with access to object docstrings and the Python manuals.
Simply
   type 'help' (no quotes) to access it.