[IPython-User] [IPython-user] ipython and emacs: X queued for execution

Neil Best nbest@ci.uchicago....
Tue Jun 22 16:38:34 CDT 2010

David J Strozzi wrote:

> I am using ipython 0.9.1 with python 2.5.2 on an x86-64 cluster
> running a modified version of a fedora distribution.  I can
> reproducibly get a problem when running .py files from within emacs
> with ipython.  I start emacs.  I load the .py file.  I do C-c C-!
> which starts the interpreter (=ipython).  I do C-c C-c to run the .py
> file.  It runs (usually with an error since I'm debugging).  I change
> the file.  I do C-c C-c and nothing happens.  In the status line at
> the bottom I get
>
> /usr/tmp/python..... queued for execution
>
> and nothing happens.  I have to quit emacs and restart to be able to
> run anything with C-c C-c.

I see this also under Aquamacs 2.0, ipython 0.10.  I think there is some
problem with python-mode.el such that the first time one hits C-c C-! the
region get executed but it also gets queued in the variable py-file-queue.
After that one must execute M-x py-clear-queue to get C-c C-! to work again.
I think it has to do with the prompt that python-mode expects to see from
the interpreter, which is no longer the traditional '>>> '.  Maybe this
should be cross-posted?