[IPython-User] [IPython-user] matplotlib under ipython

Neil Best nbest@ci.uchicago....
Tue Jun 22 16:44:54 CDT 2010

Jon Olav Vik-3 wrote:

> Neil Best <nbest <at> ci.uchicago.edu> writes:
>> Along those lines is there
>> a convenient way to get pylab and sh profile behaviors at the same time?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here.

Thanks for the reply, Jon Olav.  I just needed to stare at the docs and play
with it some more.  Now I understand that the -pylab switch to Ipython
provides some non-blocking capabilities so that matplotlib behaves better in
an interactive mode.  I was imagining that '-pylab' and '-p sh' were
mutually exclusive as profiles, but that's not the case, so I get the
behaviors of both simultaneously like I wanted.  Once I got the WX backend
working I have been able to concentrate on making pretty pictures, aside
from some minor emacs annoyances.