[IPython-User] How to build ipython documentation

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Jun 26 02:36:14 CDT 2010

Hi Roberto,

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:08 PM, Roberto Bonvallet
<rbonvall@csrg.inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I must be missing something obvious, but I cannot build the documentation.
> I tried with Sphinx v0.6.6 and a fresh clone from the Github repository.
>
> When I tried to "make html" on my Ubuntu box at home, I got an NameError
> saying that __IPYTHON__ was not defined. I tried running do_sphinx.py from
> a IPython session, but it didn't work either.

Both of these errors  are pointing to code from 0.10.x.  Is there a
chance you may have downloaded the git trunk but have an older one
installed?  Since sphinx imports modules to document them, it may be
getting confused if 'import IPython' is finding the older version...